With Napster on your Apple Watch, you can listen to all your music from your wrist and access all your playlists and Napster mix. You can also skip tracks, change where the music is playing and much more right from your wrist.
How to Get Napster for Apple Watch
To set up Napster on your Apple Watch, you will need to have the following:
1. An Apple Watch running watchOS 5 or higher.
2. An iPhone that's paired to the Apple Watch.
3. The Napster app (version 6.6.1 or higher) installed on the iPhone.
4. A Napster Premier or higher subscription that lets you use the app on the iPhone.
How to download Napster onto your Apple Watch
1. Go to the Watch app on your phone.
2. Scroll down and find Napster.
3. Install the app.
If Napster appears under the "Installed On Apple Watch" list, tap and make sure it is set to "Show App on Apple Watch."
How to activate Now Playing using Siri Watch Face
1. Go into the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and tap on the Face Gallery tab at the bottom of the screen.
2. Find the Siri Watch Face and tap on it.
3. Scroll down to the Data Sources section on this page. By default, the Apple Watch app will use all the native data sources on the Apple Siri Watch Face. Please ensure Now Playing is enabled in Data Sources.
4. From your Apple watch face, swipe to the left or twist the Digital Crown through the series of available watch faces until you get to Siri Watch Face and tap the + button.
5. On the Apple Watch, once on the Siri Watch Face is selected, scroll through it to find Now Playing tile and tap it. To pick which device you want to control, tap on the back button on the top left corner.
6. On this screen, you can see what’s last played on Watch and on iPhone and choose which device to control and tap Watch or iPhone and start controlling each device's playback.
7. Afterwards, Now Playing screen can be accessed from Recent apps after pressing Watch side button so it’s not necessary to navigate to Siri Watch Face each time if Now Playing it already running.
How to activate Now Playing using Siri Watch Face
1. Go to My Watch app on iPhone and open Dock options.
2. In Dock options set Favorites as default.
3. Tap Edit in the top right corner.
4. Find Now Playing on the list and tap green add an icon to add it to Dock.
5. On Apple Watch, pressing side button now opens Dock containing Favorites instead of Recent so Now Playing will always be accessible this way.
How to pair Bluetooth headphones with your Apple Watch
1. If you are streaming music online, you will need to pair your headphones with your iPhone rather than your Apple Watch. (You'll still be able to use your Apple Watch to control the Napster app on your iPhone.)
2. If you are listening offline, you will need to pair your headphones with Apple Watch to listen to music on your watch.
3. If you have AirPods or headphones with Bluetooth 5.0, your device should pair automatically. For help connecting your AirPods to your watch, click here.
Troubleshooting Apple Watch
1. First, try restarting your Apple Watch. Press and hold the side button to power off, then do the same to power on again.
2. If you are still having trouble, try the following steps to uninstall and reinstall the Napster app on your watch:
a. Go to the Watch app on your iPhone.
b. Scroll down and find Napster.
c. Tap Napster then disable the "Show App on Apple Watch" toggle.
d. Finally, switch the toggle back on to begin reinstalling the app.
Troubleshooting Apple Watch Offline Mode
If your offline content has been removed from the Napster app on your Apple Watch, then check to see if you have enough storage on your Apple Watch. You may need to remove some items to create space. To check how much space is available on your Apple Watch, from your iPhone go to the Watch app then General > About > Available.
If it doesn't appear to be storage related, reset the download process on your Apple Watch:
1. Power off and restart your watch.
2. Ensure your iPhone and Apple Watch are connected via Bluetooth and the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Allow Napster to refresh in Background (Watch app on iPhone > General > Background App Refresh).
4. Dock your Apple Watch on its charger.
5. If the issue continues after waiting some time for the download process to begin, try uninstalling then reinstalling the Napster app using the Watch app on your iPhone.
How to adjust the sound volume via Apple watch?
Volume can be adjusted by rotating Digital Crown while on Now Playing screen in watch app, on-screen volume indicator will change accordingly. Also, it's possible to control the volume via headphones/speakers built-in volume buttons at any moment.
How to download Napster music to Apple watch?
To download music to Apple watch sign in on your mobile app and watch app, go to My Playlists screen in watch app, enter the desired playlist and switch Download toggle on. This will start downloading songs one at a time. For faster download disconnect the watch from iPhone Bluetooth and connect to WiFi directly.
What is the maximum number of Napster tracks that can be played in the Apple watch?
Playlists' number is limited to 100 (sorted by last modified). Each playlist is limited to 100 songs.
Which subscription works with Apple watch?
Napster Premier or higher.
How to access Napster music via Apple watch without iPhone?
Paired iPhone is only necessary when signing into a watch app since Napster watch app uses Napster mobile app for the login process. Afterward, the app should function on its own.
Will the alarm feature works with Apple watch?
No, currently alarm feature is not available on Napster Apple watch app.
What is the quality of the Napster music in Apple watch?
64 kbps bit-rate
How to troubleshoot login issues with Napster App?
1.Restart the mobile app and sign out and back in.
2.Terminate watch app (while in Napster watch app, hold the bottom side button until Shut Down screen is displayed, then hold Digital Crown until watch home screen is displayed) and run it again by tapping the icon on watch Home screen.
3.Reinstall only Napster watch app (this will delete all previously downloaded songs on watch).