Napster on Alexa (Currently available in the U.S., Mexico and Brazil)
Playing your favorite music from Napster is as easy as asking Alexa. You can now use Alexa voice commands to access your Napster service to play artists, songs, albums, stations, or playlists. You can also set alarms on your Alexa device to wake up to music with a playlist or song. Plus, Napster can be set as your preferred music service so you don't have to keep saying "on Napster" after each command.
Napster Premier and the Alexa App
In order to get started, you need to have a valid Napster Premier Subscription to use Alexa to access your Napster account. If you already have a Napster Premier Account, then simply link it to your Amazon Alexa application on your Smartphone.
Set up Napster for Alexa
- Launch the Alexa app and tap the “More” tab in the lower right navigation
- Then tap on “Skills & Games” and search for the Napster skill.
- Tap “Enable to Use” and link your Napster account by entering your Napster account information
- That's it. Say it and play it.
Set Napster as the default or your preferred music service
- Launch the Alexa app and tap the “More” tab in the lower right navigation.
- Select “Settings”, then tap on “Music & Podcasts” in the Alexa Preferences section.
- Select “Default Services” and “Change” the default service to Napster.
Voice Commands on Alexa
With Napster set as your default music service, generic requests for songs, artists, albums and playlists will play from your Napster music service. If not set up as your default Music Service, remember to say, “on Napster” after each command.
- Alexa, play Lizzo on Napster
- Alexa, what song is this?
- Alexa, play New Releases on Napster
- Alexa, next
- Alexa, I want to listen to songs from Beyonce on Napster
- Alexa, play Punk music on Napster
- Alexa, play 80’s music on Napster
- Alexa “stop,” “pause,” “resume” and “adjust the volume”
- Alexa, repeat or loop (Note - Only Albums and Playlists can be looped or repeated)
Set Napster alarms
Wake up to a specified playlist, song, or artist on Napster with commands like
- Alexa, wake me up at 7:30 a.m. to Megan Thee Stallion
- Alexa, wake me up at 7:30 a.m. to New Releases on Napster
- Alexa, wake me up at 6:30 a.m. to Walk by Pantera
- Amazon Echo
- Amazon Echo Show
- Amazon Echo Dot
- Amazon Echo Spot
- Amazon Echo Auto
- Amazon Echo Flex
- Amazon Echo Studio
- Amazon Echo Buds
- Amazon Echo Input
Don't Have a Napster Premier Account yet?
With a Napster Premier account, you can unlock the full potential of Alexa’s music capabilities. So click here to sign up for Napster premier and take control of your music with Amazon Alexa.
If you're having trouble with using Napster with Amazon Echo or Alexa, please visit the Amazon Support Center for more assistance.
Still, need help?
Please contact our Customer Support team HERE and we will be happy to answer any questions you may have on using Napster on Alexa Devices.
© 1996-2018 Amazon.com, Inc. all related logos and motion marks are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. Or its affiliates