This article refers to an app, Napster SongMatch, which is now integrated into the Napster app. For more information, seeTrack Match.
What's a Match?
When you tap the red record button, the app records a short sample of a song playing and then tells you the name of the song and artist. We call this a Match.
Can't match a song? Try again! If you still can't get a match, try moving closer to the audio source, eliminating any background noises, and make sure you're not at a quiet point in the song. In some rare cases we may unfortunately not be able to tell what song is playing.
Matched a song but can't play it? Most likely we don't have the rights to that particular track. In this case, you'll see some suggested tracks that are similar and are available on Napster. Remember, you need an active Napster subscription to play a full song.
Who can use it?
Anyone can use Napster SongMatch, whether you're a Napster subscriber or not. Napster subscribers get the awesome benefit of easily playing back the entire song and having it automatcially added to a playlist available wherever they use Napster.
Get Napster SongMatch
1) Go to the Google Play Store on your Android device 2) Search for Napster SongMatch 3) Tap Install 4) Tap the Napster SongMatch icon on your home screen
1) Tap the menu button on your phone, or the 3 dots in the upper-right corner of the app 2) Tap Sign In 3) Enter your Napster username and password 4) Tap Sign In 5) Forgot your password? Click here
1) SongMatch home 2) Menu (for phones that do not have a hardware Menu button) 3) Match Songs (shows you the big record button) 4) My Songs (songs you have matched) 5) Record a song
You can add a widget to your Android home screen to allow you quick access to SongMatch
1) Tap the red record icon to immediately start recording a track for SongMatch to match 2) The widget will also show the Last matched track. If you haven't made any matches yet, you'll see the Napster logo.
Match a Song
1) With a song playing, tap the red record button
1) From the SongMatch home screen, tap My Songs
1) Select the Match that you want to share, then tap the Share option 2) Choose how you want to share the track (Facebook, Twitter, Email, etc...)
1) From the SongMatch home screen, tap My Songs 2) Find the song you wish to remove from My Songs 3) Press and hold on the song title 4) Tap Remove From Tags
1) Tap the menu button on your phone, or the 3 dots in the upper-right corner of the app 2) Tap Settings
1) Tap the Menu button on your phone 2) Tap Settings 3) Tap Applications 4) Tap Manage Applications 5) Scroll to Napster SongMatch 6) Tap Uninstall